PROGRAMMING RPI GPIO PINS
- A module to control Raspberry Pi GPIO channels
- This package provides a class to control the GPIO on a Raspberry Pi.
- It is recommended that you install RPi.GPIO using the pip utility as superuser (root):
- Sudo pip install RPi.GPIO
Importing the module
- To import the RPi.GPIO module:
- import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
- By doing it this way, you can refer to it as just GPIO through the rest of your script.
- Check the version of RPi.GPIO
- There are two ways of numbering the IO pins on a Raspberry Pi within RPi.GPIO.
- BOARD numbering: This refers to the pin numbers on the P1 header of the Raspberry Pi board.
- BCM numbering: it refers to the channel numbers on the Broadcom SOC.
- To specify which you are using using (mandatory):
- mode = GPIO.getmode()